Friday, May 28, 2010

Random thoughts

I love Indian food. And Greek food. Okay part of that is because the Indians have raita and naan and the Greeks have hummus and tzatziki and pita bread. And there's nothing people love more than taking one thing, dipping it in something creamy and lovely and then eating it. Mmmmmmmmm. Yes.

I think if my pregnancy could have a voice, it would say, "More fruit and dairy please." I don't really want meat or veggies (unless cleverly concealed in dairy, such as tzatziki or raita). I just tried making myself a salty lassi, which is basically a slightly savory yogurt drink, with a little mint from my hanging-in-there mint plant and cilantro from the fridge. It wasn't fantastic, but it was dairy, so I liked it alright. It's s'posed to be good for digestion. Yay, digestion.

Weaning of the binky has begun. Which means I am hearing a litany of "Beeta beeta beeta beeta mama beeta!" every time he thinks about it. I'm trying to keep it just for naps and bedtime, but he's used to using it when he watches a show on TV or rides in the car, so this may not be easy. However I can see his two top teeth turning in slightly and, well, they don't make then bigger than the mouth of an 18 month old so it's starting to look ridiculous with the corners of his mouth peeking out the sides. He looks adorable when he uses it, but it "gotsta go."

School is out! Yay! I could be depressed at the lack of money that will swiftly ensue, but that's a downer, so I'm celebrating a chance to exercise more frequently, eat better and play with Jack! (Oh and clean and such, but no one wants to talk about that.)

We planted corn and it's not growing. Who can't grow corn? It's like grass.... Poop.

There are a bunch of baby sparrows jammed in our porch light in a nest, with mama hurriedly escaping every time we try to enter or exit the house. So we don't use the porch light so we don't burn their baby eyes forever. (I'm guessing blind birds are not going to be the fittest that survive.)

My sisters are awesome and work so hard at their respective colleges! I'm so proud of both of them! Theresa and Liz, you kick ass!

Only a few more days till I see Dr. Kurian. That's good. Then I can finally find out how much weight I've packed on with all this eating 'cause we don't own a scale. What a weird thing to celebrate, but who wants to own a scale anyway? I don't need that kind of pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment