Monday, June 28, 2010

Week 19: My little mango & my gigantic watermelon

Sweet new little love,
I don't know where this time is going...it is zooming by so quickly and I am nearly half-way to holding you in my arms! I don't even know if you're a girl or boy yet, which is maddening, but also really special. I like not being able to harbor thoughts of you based on gender. It is all still a mystery and that's nice. However, your Daddy and I ARE chomping at the bit to start picking (arguing over) names. As soon as Daddy saw your brother on the ultrasound, he just announced his name to anyone within listening radius after that, so I am wondering what story we will have to tell you about how your name was chosen.
I don't have morning sickness anymore--praise GOD!!! The relaxin that courses through my body, relaxing joints and ligaments is working overtime and I am frequently having aches and pains that don't make a whole lot of sense. I follow a prenatal yoga DVD at least twice a week, which wears me out and relaxing me at the same time. Your brother climbs all over me and tries to knock me down when I am in various yoga poses, so that's Jack saying hi when you get bumped by a big head or feel me gently tumble to the floor from a triangle pose.
Daddy and I can't believe we're nearly halfway there...and I am still waiting for a definite sign from you that you're doing all the stretching and squirming I keep reading about. We worry about silly things like money and bills, but only because we want what's best for you and Jack. We love you so much that it's often hard to talk about the love we feel--but I know you must feel it already through me.
I can't wait to "see" you on the 7th during the ultrasound, little mango. I know I will cry and Daddy may too (but that's because this love fills our hearts and spills over this way!).
See you soon, tiny one!
Love, Mama

-----------
To Jack, my little love and enormous watermelon,
You amaze me every day. Every single day. I can't believe all the things you learn. Now you're speaking short sentences "I'll do it" and you will call out for things when you're looking for them: "Shoooooooooooooes....where are yoouuuuuuuuuu?"
You preface each thing you say with some sort of gibberish that seems to introduce each concept. Confusing but adorable.
You love water and call any water you see a "bath," including oceans and lakes you see in books and on TV. You say, "No Brownie!" when she tries to sniff you or give you kisses and you lay on your stomach in front of the sliding window, chin propped in hands, ankles crossed behind you and talk to her, saying "Hi, puppy!"
You have begun to say "Hi!!!" and waving, often when you know you're in trouble and you want to distract me with cuteness (it does, but I don't show it). You whine a LOT when you don't get your way.
For about a week now I have been able to read you stories in the rocking chair in your room, then get you to lay down in your bed, read you a few more and then practically smother you--at your request--so my skin touches yours, until you fall asleep. Miraculously, this has worked from the first day we tried it!!! We still face the issue of you getting up before we're ready to and climbing into our bed, which limits my options severely and wakes Daddy up for the day. I don't know how much longer I can handle that with my growing belly, but I'm trying, love. I love your soft skin and how you often sleep with your hand on my face. How cute is that?!?
Your diet consists mostly of yogurt, bananas, cereal and the occasional meat we feed you from our plates. You are a particular child. You could eat fruit and dairy all day, just like Mama, but you have certain likes that surprise me, like Daddy's spicy rice and chicken dish...and cabbage ("leaves).
I can't believe you're nearly 26 months--how could your birth have been so long ago? You are so big and so strong and sooooo stubborn. I love you more than anyone right now, anyone on earth. Sometimes I fear something happening to you, ripping my joy from me, but I can't dwell on that. I enjoy you wholeheartedly and love you totally. I will hold you today, cuddle you today, kiss you over and over again today and not fear tomorrow for I'm too weak to stand the thought.
Love you, punkin pie.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment